The Weld County Regional Communications Center (WCRCC) was formed in early 1993 when the City of Greeley and Weld County Commissioners consolidated public safety communications for most of the police and fire agencies in Weld County. Since that time the WCRCC has evolved from conventional band radios to the statewide 700/800 MHz Digital Trunked Radio System (DTRS.) The outcome of that transformation allows Weld County public safety agencies full communications interoperability within northern Colorado along with most of the state, helping meet one of the recommendations for homeland security.
NUMBER OF CALLS
Today the WCRCC handles close to 360,000 telephone calls per year. The Center dispatches for 17 law enforcement agencies, 21 fire departments, and 2 ambulance services. Each and every telephone call and caller is important to us, and we do our best to prioritize resources to provide the best possible service to the community.
To help us provide the best possible service, dispatchers need your assistance. If you are asked to hold or experience delayed service please take into consideration the volume of calls and frequent number of life-threatening-nature calls coming into the Center.
HELPFUL TIPS AND REMINDERS:
- Dial 911 for Emergencies
- Our non-emergency telephone number is 970-350-9600
- If you do not have a Police/Fire/Medical problem and need other types of help, the Weld County United Way 211 line may be able to help...just dial 211
- If you need road conditions, call 511 from your cellular telephone or visit the website www.cotrip.org
- Sometimes it may seem like we are asking lots of questions and delaying response, but while the call-taker is asking you these questions, a dispatcher is relaying the information to responding units over the radio. The information we get will help the dispatcher determine the services you need which may include law enforcement officers, fire, or emergency medical help.
- Finally, remember that disconnected cellular telephones still dial 911. Unfortunately, these hang-up calls create unnecessary workload for dispatchers in any emergency dispatch center. Please take the batteries out of disconnected cellular telephones to prevent these accidental 911 telephone calls.