Click here to sign up for digital updates about the WCR 49 Corridor. News will be delivered right your cell phone or email box.
We are pleased to announce the launch of the WCR 49 Corridor Project Information Line at 970-573-6800. The information line will provide construction updates and corridor information as well as be used to contact the design-build team with corridor-related questions or concerns. Residents and the traveling public can call the information line at any time, however, in the case of an emergency, they should still dial 9-1-1.
5/2/16 – WCR 49 May Newsletter
Click here to read the full May newsletter.
Learn more about WCR 49
The Weld County Board of Commissioners and the Department of Public Works are excited about the improvements being made to WCR 49. These improvements, the 49 Corridor and the 49 Parkway, make up the largest road construction project in county history.
The county would like to share as much information as possible with residents regarding the project, which is why we have created different web pages to archive videos, photos and interesting facts about the WCR 49 Corridor Project and WCR 49 Parkway Project.
To receive digital updates including road and lane closures to your cell phone or email, click here.
The image on the left shows WCR 49 (looking north) at Jim’s Creek. The image on the right shows the projected outcome of the same area following completion of the Corridor project.
Monthly Project Achievements
- April 2016: The project’s design alignment was approved
- April 2016: Release for construction approvals were received to begin work on the corridor bridges
- March 2016: Interstate Highway Construction submitted the final Traffic Study and Traffic Management Plan to Weld County Public Works
- March 2016: Interstate Highway Construction submitted the final Jim’s Creek Hydraulic Study
- February 2016: Contractor staked new right-of-way acquired for the project
- February 2016: Phase 1 of the Environmental Site Assessment submitted to Weld County
- January 2016: Permits submitted to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for bridge replacements
- December 2015: Corridor project open house meetings held in Kersey and Hudson
- December 2015: Parkway Access control plan adopted
- November 2015: Project Task Force meetings began and will continue throughout the construction phase
- November 2015: Weld County Parkway opened to the public
- October 2015: WCR 44 and WCR 49 intersection project completed
- September 2015: Weld County signed a contract with Interstate Highway Construction (IHC) for construction of the WCR 49 Corridor Project
- August 2015: Weld County selected the Design-Build Contractor for the WCR 49 Corridor Project
- July 2015: Weld County continued meetings with utility and oil and gas companies
- July 2015: Weld County reviewed contractor proposals
- June 2015: Weld County received Design-Build Proposals
- May 2015: Weld County met biweekly with utility and oil and gas companies
- May 2015: Weld County continued to meet with stakeholders located along the corridor
- April 2015: Weld County continued efforts toward selecting a contractor to perform construction services for the WCR 49 Corridor Project
- March 2015: Pre-proposal meeting was held with potential construction contractors
- March 2015: Soil Surveys for the WCR 49 Corridor Project were completed
- March 2015: Weld County issued the final RFP for the WCR 49 Corridor Project
- February 2015: Weld County issued the draft Request for Proposals (RFP)
- January 2015: Weld County announced shortlist of contractors
- December 2014: Contractors’ qualifications were received by Weld County
- December 2014: Board of Commissioners approved Access Control Plan
- November 2014: Request for qualifications was issued by Weld County
- November 2014: Public Communication Plan was developed
- November 2014: Phase 2 right-of-way acquisition commenced
- October 2014: Selected Atkins to be the lead engineering firm