You have been redirected to this official Weld County web page because we have implemented new website security (called TLS 1.2) for the Clerk and Recorder's website in 2016. Security settings on your Internet Brower, such as Internet Explorer, need to be changed in order to now access the Weld County Clerk and Recorder's Website. To change your internet browser settings, you will need to follow the directions below.
Thank you for your patience as we make the Clerk and Recorders website a more secure and safer resource for your use.
–Weld County Information Technology Department
Please update your browser. Support will end in
- Google Chrome:
- TLS 1.2 was implemented and enabled in version 30 of Google Chrome. Versions of Chrome prior to version 43 are vulnerable to a number of known attacks, it is recommended that users upgrade to the latest stable release, version 47.
- Mozilla Firefox:
- TLS 1.2 was implemented and enabled in version 27 of Mozilla Firefox. Versions of Firefox prior to version 38.5 are vulnerable to a number of known attacks, it is recommended that users upgrade to the latest stable release, version 43.
- Internet Explorer:
- TLS 1.2 was implemented in Internet Explorer version 8, but was not enabled by default until IE version 11. It is recommended that users upgrade to IE11, but if this is not possible, TLS 1.2 can be enabled manually in previous versions through the following steps:
- Open Internet Explorer and access the Tools menu by clicking on the Tools button (IE8) or the Gear icon (IE9, IE10) and then selecting "Internet Options", as shown below:
- In the Internet Options window that appears, click on the Advanced tab at the top of the window. Scroll down to the end of the list and click in the square check boxes next to "Use TLS 1.1" and "Use TLS 1.2" if they don't already have a check mark in them. For additional security, click in the square check box next to "Use SSL 3.0" if it has a check mark in it to remove the check mark. When complete, the screen should resemble the following, where "Use TLS 1.0", "Use TLS 1.1", and "Use TLS 1.2" all have check marks in the check boxes next to them while "Use SSL 2.0" and "Use SSL 3.0" do not have check marks in the check boxes next to them. Press the OK button to save this change.
- The Opera browser has supported TLS 1.2 in all major releases. No changes should be required, but it is always recommended that users upgrade to the latest version. Versions earlier than 28 are vulnerable to several known attacks.
- Apple Safari:
- TLS 1.2 was implemented and enabled in version 7 of Apple Safari. Versions of Safari prior to version 8 are vulnerable to a number of known attacks, it is recommended that users upgrade to the latest stable release, version 9.
Please note: If you have tried the instructions and still are having trouble connecting to the Weld County Clerk and Recorder's website, you may contact the Weld County Technical Support Center at (970) 304-6570 extension 4357 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.