The Department of Human Services
Under the executive leadership of Director Judy Griego, the Department of Human Services offers aid and a range of programs to the citizens of Weld County.
Programs providing services include the following:
- Child Protection services which assess for safety and provide protection to children who are battered and abused, severely neglected, and/or dependent.
- Assistance programs are available to aid individuals and families that qualify for help. Programs include financial assistance in the form of monetary payments, help with childcare costs, grocery bills, and medical care.
- Employment Services offers job opportunities, training, career planning programs, job skills development, workshops, job fairs, and vocational skills assessments.
- Child Support Enforcement provides services to help parents and anyone caring for children. Services include testing for paternity, establishing court orders for child support, and enforcing the child support payment obligations.
- Area Agency on Aging plans, coordinates, and advocates for services to aid our older population. Including Adult Protective Services (APS) which provides protection for at-risk adults by investigating allegations of abuse, exploitation, caretaker neglect and self neglect.
Human Services programs are administered under the supervision of the State and the Board of Weld County Commissioners.