Weld County

Office of the Treasurer

Leading with responsive, innovative and cost effective services.

I want to ?


Permits & Records

Property Info


Moving A Mobile Home


Notify the County Treasurer of your request to move the mobile home. The Treasurer’s Office will issue a Tax Authentication and Moving Permit once all applicable fees and taxes have been paid in full. The cost of the Tax Authentication and Moving Permit is $10.00. Please fill out the Authentication Permit Request for all move, purge, and destroy requests.

  • treasurer_moving_mobileIf the home is remaining in Weld County, taxes must be paid in full for the current year.
  • Contact Weld County Planning and Building Department prior to moving mobile home within unincorporated Weld County Code:  Sec. 29-52-110
  • If the home is leaving the county, but staying in the state, current and prepaid taxes for next year must be paid with cash or certified funds.
  • If the home is leaving the state, ALL taxes (current and prorated to the month it is moving) must be paid with cash or certified funds.
  • If a mobile home is destroyed, all taxes, current and prorated tax amount to the day it is destroyed, must be paid with cash or certified funds.

If the mobile home is moving OUTSIDE OF WELD COUNTY, the owner must provide the new County Treasurer and Assessor with the new location of the mobile home and the mailing address within 20 days of arrival. The new County Assessor will pick up the value and the taxes will be due the following year.

If the mobile home is an oversized/overweight load, please contact the Weld County Public Works Department to get a permit.


  • Any mobile home owner or mover who moves a mobile home and fails to notify the County Treasurer and County Assessor may be assessed a fine of not less than $100.00 nor more than $1,000.00.
  • The fine for multiple use of a moving permit or prorated tax receipt is $350.00.


In order to start the process the mobile home has to be sitting on a foundation, without any wheels or axles.

  • To purge a mobile home, you will need a Tax Authentication from the Treasurer’s Office, which costs $10.00.
  • To obtain the Tax Authentication, please bring in the title of the Mobile Home. The current year taxes will have to be paid in full and you will also need to prepay the taxes for the following year.
  • After you receive the Tax Authentication to purge the Mobile Home, please visit the Motor Vehicle Office to continue the purge process.

Contact Information

Weld County Treasurer's Office
1400 N. 17th Avenue
P.O. Box 458
Greeley, CO 80632
(970) 353-3845 x 3290
(970) 304-6435

South County Residents
(720) 652-4200 x 3290

Office Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Moving Permit Request