Notify the County Treasurer of your request to move the mobile home. The Treasurer’s Office will issue a Tax Authentication and Moving Permit once all applicable fees and taxes have been paid in full. The cost of the Tax Authentication and Moving Permit is $10.00. Please fill out the Authentication Permit Request for all move and purge requests.
- If the home is remaining in Weld County, taxes have to be paid in full for the current year.
- Contact Weld County Planning/Building Dept prior to locating mobile home within unincorporated Weld County Code: Sec. 29-52-110
- If the home is leaving the county, but staying in state, current and prepaid taxes for next year must be paid with cash or certified funds.
- If the home is leaving the state, ALL taxes (current and prorated to the month it is moving) must be paid with cash or certified funds.
- If a mobile home is destroyed, all taxes, current and prorated to the month destroyed, must be paid with cash or certified funds.
If the mobile home is moving OUTSIDE OF WELD COUNTY, the owner must provide the new County Treasurer and Assessor with the new location of the mobile home and the mailing address within 20 days of arrival. The new County Assessor will pick up the value and the taxes will be due the following year.
If the mobile home is a oversized/overweight load go to Weld County Public Works dept to get a permit.
- Any mobile home owner or mover who moves a mobile home and fails to notify the County Treasurer and County Assessor, may be assessed a fine of not less than $100.00 nor more than $1000.00.
- The fine for multiple use of a moving permit or prorated tax receipt is $350.00.
PURGING A MOBILE HOME TITLE
In order to start the process the mobile home has to be setting on a foundation, without any wheels or axles.
- To purge a mobile home, you will need a Tax Authentication from the Treasurer’s Office, which costs $10.00.
- To obtain the Tax Authentication, please bring in the title of the Mobile Home. The current year taxes will have to be paid in full and you will need to prepay the taxes for the following year also.
After you receive the Tax Authentication to purge the Mobile Home, please visit the Motor Vehicle Office to continue the purge process.